Earth scientist, jazz & blues leaning musician, seasonal mountain trail runner, inconsistent yogi, beginning climber. Spiritual agnostic with affinity for eastern philosophies and a built-in anti-guru alarm. Future father (interested in meeting the future mother). Astral life-commuter between Western US and Central Europe. In human interactions I value open heart, respect, full disclosure, humor, reason, knowledge. And donuts.
Geophysically speaking, I am interested in a range of subjects including physics and chemistry of the Earth and planets, theoretical and computational geodynamics, geophysical fluid dynamics, multiphase flow and deformation, “particle geophysics” (ask me what it is!)
Specific research topics I have been involved in include:
- planetary-scale metal–silicate segregation and core formation
- planetary accretion in early Solar System
- thermodynamics of partial melting and fluid dynamics of melt extraction
- internal dynamics and near-surface evolution of Mars
- prediction of geoneutrino flux from the shallow and the deep Earth
- calculation of subsurface noble gas production in the Earth
Aside from researching and teaching at the University, I have been assisting middle-school students in their learning of physics and sciences at the Montessori School in Kladno, Czech Republic.
Carte de la recherche